This 1:72 scale model kit, produced by F4Models (cat. # 7034), contains resin and photo etched parts to build one NC-2A vehicle.
For reference purposes, here are some historical photographs that show the NC-2A in action: photo; photo; photo; gallery (refer to image #2893).
- The NC-2A unit was not a tractor; it was not designed to tow aircraft or ground support equipment.
- The rear wheels of the NC-2A are steerable, not the front ones.
- The A/S-37A-3 vehicle (see photograph), in use on the USN carriers since the early 2000s, is substantially different from the much earlier NC-2A and is not intended to be built from this kit. Consequently, this model kit is only suitable for the late 1960's through 1990's dioramas & aircraft and not suitable for the period from 2000 onward.
- This is not a copy of the Verlinden's kit; the Verlinden's kit had a number of inaccuracies in shape / geometry.
- This kit is only for modellers with experience and high level of skill.
- This kit production is very limited. Write directly for ordering.